2015 Eagle Scout Directory FAQ
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for the National Eagle Scout Association. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new Eagle Scout directory. PCI is a 30-year-old company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows the National Eagle Scout Association to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our Eagle Scouts and how we can better serve you and future Eagle Scouts.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
The National Eagle Scout Association has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by the National Eagle Scout Association for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The Directory will be made available only to members of the National Eagle Scout Association listed in the directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to the National Eagle Scout Association any and all electronic files that have been supplied by the National Eagle Scout Association or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the National Eagle Scout Association project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the dedicated numbers for the Eagle Scout Directory Project is 1.855.912.6499.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a yearbook?
The National Eagle Scout Association Eagle Scouts Directory is available for sale only to National Eagle Scout Association members.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since there are over a million Eagle Scouts, we have split this project up into four directories, segmented by region.
The Western Region starts in April of 2014, so the directories will be shipped in April of 2015.
The Southern Region starts in September of 2014, so the directories will be shipped in September of 2015.
The Central Region starts in December of 2014, so the directories will be shipped in December of 2015.
The Northeastern Region starts in February of 2015, so the directories will be shipped in February of 2016.
6. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the certificate process.
You will receive a business envelope that contains the guidelines, terms and conditions, as well as the certified voucher from Award Headquarters so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
- Basics of the certificate program:
- The Discounted Companion Airline Certificate allows the holder to purchase two round trip tickets for a bundled rate.
- The Certificate is:
- Two Tickets for One Low Price
- 200 US Destinations (continental US)
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- 40 Plus Airline Carriers
- 24/7 Online Booking
- 7-Day Advance Purchase
- Frequent Flier Miles for Both Passengers
- Low Price Guarantee
- Fully Transferrable
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the National Eagle Scout Association.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.395.4724, and they will take care of this for you.