“The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
Dust off your hiking boots, restock your day pack and update your Scouting.org account because the mountains, at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia, are calling you. It’s time to give your Eagle pride a purpose by volunteering as a Jamboree Service Team member at the 2023 National Jamboree.
The 2023 National Jamboree is slated for July 19-28. Join thousands of members of the Boy Scouts of America as we Scout Forward. You can register online by visiting the Jamboree website. As a member of the Jamboree Service Team, you help give today’s youth the adventure of a lifetime and continue the mission and traditions of Scouting.
There will be three staff sessions. You will be able to select the session that best fits your schedule: July 17-23, July 24-29 or July 16-29. All applicants are required to submit a $100 nonrefundable deposit with their application. Fees vary on which session is chosen and age of the applicant.
For adult Jamboree Service Team (age 34 and up):
- Session 1 (July 17-23, 2023) – $700
- Session 2 (July 24-29, 2023) – $700
- Session 3 (July 16-29, 2023) – $1,200
For young adult Jamboree Service Team (ages 16-33)
- Session 1 YAJ (July 17-23, 2023) – $400
- Session 2 YAJ (July 24-29, 2023) – $400
- Session 3 YAJ (July 16-29, 2023) – $675
What are the requirements for the Jamboree Service Team?
- Have a current BSA membership and up-to-date Scouting.org account.
- Have current Youth Protection Training at the time of registration and at the time of the Jamboree.
- Be available to arrive at the Jamboree site up to one week before the Jamboree as stipulated by their respective area lead to receive training and assist in final preparations for participant arrival.
- Be at least 16 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree.
- Submit all registration fees per the published payment schedule.
- Complete any Jamboree-specific training as directed by their respective area lead.
- Submit BSA Annual Health & Medical Record using the online Jamboree submission process. The AHMR must be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Agree to abide by the Jamboree Staff Code of Conduct.