Beyond Your Board of Review
Congratulations on achieving the coveted rank of Eagle Scout. You have just begun your life journey and with the skills and character you’ve developed in Scouting, you have a solid foundation to build upon. As a future leader, Eagle Scouts like you, are critical to preserving the fabric of our great nation.
The National Eagle Scout Association is proud to offer scholarships that can help you continue your educational adventure.
Applicants must be an active member of NESA in order to receive a scholarship.
Timeline & Eligibility
- Eagle Board of Review Date: Must be on or before February 8, 2021.
- Application Portal Open: December 1, 2020 through February 12, 2021.
- Application Must be Completed and Submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 12, 2021.
- Announcement of Scholarship Awards: Fall 2021.
—————- NOTE ABOUT SAT/ACT SCORES —————-
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has made it difficult for some to take the SAT and/or ACT, minimum score requirements have been waived for the 2021 NESA scholarship application period. You may, however, enter a score as an optional entry on the application.
- Eagle Scouts may apply for NESA scholarships beginning in their senior year of high school and, if not selected, may re-apply through their junior year in college.
- Recipients may receive a NESA scholarship one time only.
- NESA scholarships are available to Eagle Scouts attending four-year colleges or universities, vocational trade schools, and other approved programs.
- NESA scholarships are not available to students attending any of the U.S. military academies.
Lawrence S. and Mabel Cooke Scholarship
One scholarship of up to $48,000 (up to $12,000 per year for four years) and four $25,000 scholarships (up to $6,250 a year for four years) awarded annually to an Eagle Scout who has shown academic performance, financial need, and active participation in school and Scouting activities. Established by Lawrence S. Cooke in memory of his late wife, Mabel Cooke.
National Eagle Scout Association Scholarship
$5,000 scholarships awarded on a regional basis to Eagle Scouts who have shown active participation in school, Scouting activities, and community service.
$5,000 scholarships awarded on a regional basis to Eagle Scouts who have shown active participation in school, scouting activities, and community service. T
Three $2,500 scholarships awarded to Eagle Scouts who have shown active participation in school, Scouting activities, and community service.
- Awardee must be an active member of the National Eagle Scout Association for each award period.
- Awardee will register, maintain, and provide NESA with proof of full-time status at his or her selected college/university during the life of the scholarship. Work co-op programs are not an acceptable means of meeting full-time-student status.
- All funds will be paid directly to the awardee’s selected college/university for tuition, room, board, and books during the life of the scholarship, which is four consecutive years.
- Awardees must attend a four-year college/university that is accredited by recognized accreditation agencies and that offers at least a bachelor’s degree upon completion of the course of study offered.
- NESA will submit payment to the selected college/university upon receipt of an itemized bill and college transcript verifying the awardee’s full-time status. The scholarship is paid either in semester installments for the larger Cooke Scholarship awards, or as one-time payments at the discretion of NESA.
- Awardees must maintain a GPA that places you in the upper third of your class